Mark Houston, MD, MS, MSc, ABAARM, FACP, FAHA, FASH, FACN, FAARM
Director, Hypertension Institute and Vascular Biology
Saint Thomas West Hospital
For more information about Dr. Houston, please visit:
Estimated time of Talk
- Understand the pathogenesis of hypertension and Endothelial Dysfunction
- Review the role of vascular biology, three finite vascular responses (inflammation, oxidative stress and vascular immune function), plasma renin activity (PRA) and aldosterone to select optimal integrative anti-hypertensive therapy to reduce BP and decrease CVD.
- Review the role of Nitric Oxide, ADMA and SDMA in hypertension and CVD
- Review diagnostic testing for hypertension: 24 hour ambulatory BP (ABM), endothelial function and arterial compliance testing.
- Be able to prioritize and personalize the most important nutritional, nutraceutical supplements and life style treatments for hypertension
Conflicts of Interest
Dr. Houston is an independent contractor/consultant for Biotics Research, Spectracell, Designs for Health, Thorne, Vibrant America Labs, Cleveland HeartLab and AC Grace and he is on the review panel/board for Designs for Health, Thorne, Boston Heart Lab, Itamar and receives grants from private industry from Biotics, Thorne and Neogenis.